The crispy fingers.
My mum, who is a doctor, often has doctors meet. These meets, particularly being in sophisticated hotels, have great food to binge upon. Many a times I accompany her to, of course, hear the speech that is given by the respective doc or specialist and also to taste the food. Well, I get to try new food dishes and cuisines.
One particular dish was vegetable-paneer-fingers. This dish had been served as a starter and the moment I saw, I was curious to taste it seeing its shape. Once that was done, I exactly knew what all went in making it. All I needed was the name of the dish.
It’s been quite some time that this meet happened, but the taste of it always remained. The taste, the colors of the three different capsicum along with paneer made it just impossible for me to forget it. The flavor of garlic in right amount, the onions finely chopped and potato as the binding. The combination of all these was felt rightly and here I am trying this mouth-watering recipe.
Pre-preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 200 Gram Paneer
- 1/2 Capsicum each (red, yellow and green)
- 5 Medium sized potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 4-5 peeled cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tbsp. Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp. of Cumin seeds
- Bread crumbs
- Oil (deep frying)
- Boil the potatoes in cooker for 15 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the cooker and allow them to cool. Once the potatoes have cooled, peel the skin and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, finely chop onion and capsicum and also grate the paneer.
- Peel 4-5 cloves of garlic. In a mixer, grind the cloves with 1/2 tbsp. of cumin seeds to make a paste. (Add a small amount of water while grinding so that the paste is smooth).
How to prepare
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a bowl.
- Add chopped capsicum (all colours), onion, garlic paste and grated paneer. Also add salt as per taste. Mix well.
- Now, take small quantity of this mixture and shape them like fingers. (See pictures)
- After making 5-6 fingers, roll them into the breadcrumbs so as they cover/coat the entire fingers. (See pictures)
- On a shallow pan, heat 2 tbsp. of butter and gently place these fingers on it.
- Fry the fingers till they golden brown. Serve hot.