The potato snack.
French fries. This is one snack that is equally popular both in the West and the East. One food that anybody just can’t deny. It’s usually the classic salted that we all eat. As a kid, whenever I went to McDonald’s, French fries was compulsory be it with burger or plain coke.
Whenever we ordered pizza, oregano toppings are given to add taste to it. And it’s from here that I got to know what exactly oregano is. In this dish I have added oregano, which gave it a subtle sour taste just like it gave to pizza. This is a native Italian herb, used primarily in pizza. And here I have done a minor twist /added this in French fries, making it more delicious. It made the pizza taste better and hence I experimented it in this dish. The result being, my mum eating it entirely. 😉
Pre-preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 5 Potatoes
- 3/4th tbsp. Oregano Seasonings
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- Oil (deep frying)
- Peel, cut (in slices) and wash the sliced potatoes.
- In a bowl, put these sliced potatoes. Add 2 cups of water and add 1 tbsp. of salt. Mix well.
- Drain the water after 20 minutes. Keep aside.
How to prepare
- Heat 6 tbsp. of oil in a wok.
- Once the oil is sufficiently heated, carefully deep fry the sliced potatoes till they are golden brown.
- Drain the sliced potatoes on a tissue using a drainer.
- In bowl, put the fried potatoes, add oregano seasoning and coriander. Mix these ingredients so that they is uniformly spread. Serve it with ketchup or mayonnaise.