The Summer Special Series.
With summer season, one craves for mangoes. Be it in the yellow ripe form or even the green mango, popularly called ‘Kairi’ or Kacha Aam in India. All throughout the summer, green and yellow mangoes are readily available and one of the favorite rejuvenating drink that we make with green mangoes is, Aam Panna. This refreshing mango drink is made from the pulp of green mangoes.
Green mangoes also find their use in making pickles as summer is time when they are abundantly available and go a long way with storage as well. This drink can be enjoyed with lunch and dinner. A drink that I thoroughly enjoy! 🙂
Pre-preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 medium sized Green Mango
- Black pepper powder
- Wash the green mango (kairi) thoroughly. Pour 2 cups of water in cooker and put these washed green mangoes in it. Boil the green mangoes in cooker for 10 minutes on high flame and then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the green mangoes from the cooker and allow them to cool.
- Meanwhile, peel 4-5 cardamom.
- Grind the 7-8 tbsp. of sugar along with the peeled cardamom in mixer. (If you already have powdered sugar then no need to follow this step just grind the cardamom.)
How to prepare
1. Once the green mangoes have cooled, peel the skin and with a spoon scrap/remove the pulp from the skin and seed. Put this pulp in a bowl.
2. Now, add the powdered sugar + cardamom and 1/4 tbsp. of black pepper powder.
3. Add salt as per your taste.
4. Put 1 and 1/2 cup of cold water and mix all this with a hand mixer so that everything is crushed/mixed well.
5. Serve with ice and some mint leaves.
What I usually do is, keep the pulp ready, with sugar and whenever anyone wants to drink, they just add cold water. Now, that comes pretty handy. 🙂